As we look forward to the new year, here are the key dates for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- January 26th - Survival Day
- February 13th - Apology Day
- March 17th - National Close The Gap Day
- May 26th - National Sorry Day
- May 27th - 1967 Referendum
- May 27th to June 3rd - Reconciliation Week
- June 3rd - Mabo Day
- July 1st - Coming of the Light
- July 3rd to July 10th - NAIDOC Week
- August 4th - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Children’s Day
- August 9th - UN International Day of World’s Indigenous Peoples
- September 1st - Indigenous Literacy Day
- September 13th - Anniversary of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People.
Recognise. Respect. Educate